DAILY CHORES & GENERAL UPKEEP
A chore list is updated weekly and posted in your unit. All clients residing within a unit will share responsibility for the completion of the chores. One hour prior to the weekly community meeting on Sunday, there is a deep cleaning inspection. What does deep cleaning mean? Deep cleaning are all the chores that require you to put some back into it or spend more time on the task. For example, scrubbing the bathtub and toilet, cleaning behind the toilet, sweeping underneath your bed and behind the dresser, or even organizing your closet.
In addition to your assigned chore, you will be required to maintain your living area/space. At minimum before you leave for the day, beds must be made, dishes must be clean and put away, floors are to be swept, garbage is to be taken out, laundry is to be folded and put away, and bathrooms must be presentable. Make sure the top of your dresser is not cluttered.
Units should be “tour” ready every day. That means if a staff member brings a guest onto the property, he/she should not have to hesitate to show them any unit.
If any of this sounds intimidating or you simply have never done some or any of these things, we will do it with you…the first time. Our goal is to help you learn how to live independently, that’s the primary purpose of a “halfway house”. However, we won’t know that you need help if you don’t ask for it. Help us, help you.
After several failed attempts at redirection, your non-compliance will result in an infraction or other disciplinary consequence. This may include, but is not limited to, delay in phasing up or in extreme cases discharge.
Residents are to maintain their personal hygiene daily by keeping their clothes and their person clean. In the event that a client is observed as being non-compliant, a staff member will be notified and check in with you to see how we can help.
Other items for your consideration:
- Cigarette smoking in limited to the outside of your unit. In addition, there are designated areas throughout the property reserved for tobacco use. No vaping or electronic cigarettes are permitted in the client units or office. Cigarette butts are to be disposed of in the proper bins designated as ashtrays. During the deep cleaning, empty these ashtrays outside of your unit.
- Candles, incense or open flames of any kind are strictly prohibited inside the units.
- When leaving the condominiums, recovery residents must turn off all lights, televisions and radios. All doors and windows must be fully closed and locked.
- Recovery residents are not permitted to tamper with or adjust the thermostats.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed on property.
Nobody wants to live with a slob, and our staff hates nagging. Just do it and make us all happy 🙂
All rules and regulations strictly enforced.